Let me assure that it’s not a regular ‘new year new me crap’! Its 2017, so it’s advanced ‘new year new me shit!’ It already made my day when my partying not so sober friend wished me “Happy Nude Rear ” and all I could do was to laugh, convey thanks and wish him the same.
I like this day as it puts everyone together. Those who want to welcome it with party, with a cake cut, with family, with books, with sleep or whatever to rest the case. Most importantly, it is like that much needed energy drink which can boost the energy levels. Apart from those regular wishes and forwards, most of us try to bring out a new version of our self atleast for the first few days, which is definitely substantial.
Reboot, Restart, Resume. Its 2017!
I know the thoughts are old and though it is yet another regular day, a new year kind of refreshes it. It’s like crossing a larger milestone and evaluating on what really needs a flush (reboot), what needs to be given a fresh start (restart) and what needs to be continued (resume). It’s the happy hope of leaving behind one year, only to welcome a much better one ahead. It’s about taking time and syncing our mentality to something new and fresh.
I am not a person who generally believes in resolutions. But this year I want to have them. They are not resolutions per say, rather more like aspirations. And I believe that making an announcement always helps in sticking to it.
I am going to follow this unless there is an extreme condition that flags okay to miss and most importantly, all this along with personal commitments!
- At least 10 blog posts per month on this blog
- Exactly 10 blog posts per month on my technical blog: PH Bytes
- Read atleast 10 research papers per month
- Complete reading atleast one novel per month (started with The Great Gatsby for this month)
- Write and publish one ebook per month (technical or non technical. Many to join this list: EBOOKS)
- Complete the text book I am writing on data structures (It is 200+ pages for now)
- Finish 10 more courses on coursera (I have 28 completed so far)
- Make a significant progress in research (Its 30% completed now)
- Try to work on technology to bring the actual social life in society order
- Be open to do something new and interesting
Yes, we are getting older and that only means that it’s high time to dream and realize all that makes this living meaningful.
Let us tune into the beats of 2017. It’s new! Greetings!