I had started this year with a set of resolutions (for the first time, else never believed in them!) with some targets per month as stated in the Reboot, Restart and Resume. Its 2017. Its been six months and here is how things stand/sleep!
1. Read atleast 10 research papers per month
Yes. I have 60 papers read so far and the summary of each neatly stacked up in the form of a presentation. Things are pretty systematically organized into categories and as well the print versions filed (Was way too geeky).
2. Complete reading atleast one novel per month
Here goes the list. Jan and June was my favorite!
Jan: The Great Gatsby
Feb: The Martian
Mar: Before the Fall
Apr: When Breath Becomes Air
May: Mock, Stalk and Quarrel
June: The Forty Rules of Love
3. Write and publish one ebook per month (technical or non technical)
Here is the list of published ebooks:
Jan: 100 Haiku
Feb: See, Say, Market Recommendations
Mar: Poem Shop
Apr: A to Z – Poem for an Idiom
May: The Web Circular
June: The Void
4. Exactly 10 blog posts per month on my technical blog: PH Bytes
I have been loving this Archive. It’s been ten per month. Exactly. This far.
5. Finish 10 more courses on Coursera
Completed 3 so far. 7 more to go. One was 3 months long and ate a lot of my stamina!
7. Try to work on technology to bring the actual social life in society order
My whole of research work is on that. Working towards it. Maybe.
8. Be open to do something new and interesting
I am not sure how many would qualify but there were many new things and first times that happened: Entering competitions, Camp NaNoWriMo April, A to Z Challenge, Submitted first novel draft to publisher which is still under review, Anthology publications, Reading challenges, Cooking inventions etc.
9. Complete the text book being written on “Data Structures”
Progress is good. Hope to complete by year end.
10. At least 10 blog posts per month on this blog
Yes. April had highest because of A to Z Challenge. This month, I finish my 10th post with this one!
There I go, with smiles!
We have completed six months of 2017. That went pretty quick.