There is something distinctive about this day – December 31. Though it’s yet another day, okay, it’s sure not ‘yet another day’. Like we all celebrate our birthdays, individually, this day is like a birthday which everyone wants to celebrate and that is what makes it special. The whole world as a crowd becomes part of it. It’s not about whom we want to dedicate this day. A calendar or earth or goals or life or something that can make to the list, but it’s about the aspirations this day brings.
The celebration takes its ways.
Some dance, fireworks,
Some read, social networks,
Some family, blog, sleep,
Some something else, beep,
A cake, a celebration, a peace.
It does not matter how we welcome. We have our ways and our ways are always the better ones (of-course to us). What possibly and probably really matters is how we wish to see ourselves for future 365 days and how we evaluated ourselves for the past 365 days. We all need metrics. We all need evaluation. Not to rank or measure but to increase the happiness and satisfaction factor. Time will always bring the new but how good was the old to cherish?
Apart from those greetings, wishes and forwards, most of us try to bring out a new version of ourselves and that is what matters. I started having resolutions since 2017 and it has worked for me in most amazing way. Here is what happened in 2018.
Here is what I want to see in 2019:
- Make atleast 150 general blog posts on itsphblog
- Post 120 technical blog posts in itsphbytes
- Read a minimum of 100 research papers and document them
- Read 20 novels taking up Goodreads Challenge
- Participate in Camps and NaNoWriMo (Work as ML in November, Camps in April and July)
- Take A-Z blogging challenge in April
- Get 20 top posts on IndiBlogger
- Write 10 ebooks (smashwords)
- Conduct atleast 5 workshops on various domains (writing to research)
- Finish 5 new courses
- Get 5 papers published (with collaborated research)
- Get hard copy published for ‘i 4 you’ and release ‘things in Nothing’ as ebook.
- Build atleast 10 workable components for Knit Algorithm
- Build a better profile for our company – Knit Arena
- Work in an entrepreneurship environment to get better insights in Hubballi
- Get a better Coder Portfolio
- Teach a new course
- Always try something new, often and more
Walk, Run or Stop, the plan is to ride along 2019.
Let me assure that it’s not a regular ‘new year new me crap’! Its 2017, so it’s advanced ‘new year new me shit!’ It already made my day when my partying not so sober friend wished me “Happy Nude Rear ” and all I could do was to laugh, convey thanks and wish him the same.
I like this day as it puts everyone together. Those who want to welcome it with party, with a cake cut, with family, with books, with sleep or whatever to rest the case. Most importantly, it is like that much needed energy drink which can boost the energy levels. Apart from those regular wishes and forwards, most of us try to bring out a new version of our self atleast for the first few days, which is definitely substantial.
Reboot, Restart, Resume. Its 2017!
I know the thoughts are old and though it is yet another regular day, a new year kind of refreshes it. It’s like crossing a larger milestone and evaluating on what really needs a flush (reboot), what needs to be given a fresh start (restart) and what needs to be continued (resume). It’s the happy hope of leaving behind one year, only to welcome a much better one ahead. It’s about taking time and syncing our mentality to something new and fresh.
I am not a person who generally believes in resolutions. But this year I want to have them. They are not resolutions per say, rather more like aspirations. And I believe that making an announcement always helps in sticking to it.
I am going to follow this unless there is an extreme condition that flags okay to miss and most importantly, all this along with personal commitments!
- At least 10 blog posts per month on this blog
- Exactly 10 blog posts per month on my technical blog: PH Bytes
- Read atleast 10 research papers per month
- Complete reading atleast one novel per month (started with The Great Gatsby for this month)
- Write and publish one ebook per month (technical or non technical. Many to join this list: EBOOKS)
- Complete the text book I am writing on data structures (It is 200+ pages for now)
- Finish 10 more courses on coursera (I have 28 completed so far)
- Make a significant progress in research (Its 30% completed now)
- Try to work on technology to bring the actual social life in society order
- Be open to do something new and interesting
Yes, we are getting older and that only means that it’s high time to dream and realize all that makes this living meaningful.
Let us tune into the beats of 2017. It’s new! Greetings!