Its April of 2020 and Day 03 of A to Z challenge. This year, I am doing Metaphors. Be it a movie, song, painting, book, idiom, etc. I plan to give a perspective to it with an explanation and a 8 line poem.
Day 03 Metaphor: Catch-22
Catch-22 is a novel by Joseph Heller. Catch-22 as a paradox, makes an escape impossible when one attempts to escape. A catch-22 is a paradoxical situation from which an individual cannot escape because of contradictory rules or limitations. Catch-22 has become one of the best-recognized ways to describe the difficulty of being trapped by contradictory rules.
From logic to scientific research, the term is used in many places. It’s more of a paradox than a metaphor. I personally like this paradox and plan to use it as a metaphor in my poem.
Damn, you did it?
Damn, you didn’t?
I have rules,
Made for you,
You don’t know.
I don’t know either,
Oh dear, my catch-22.
Don’t you do that? To the ones you don’t like? Hate begets hate.
Its April of 2019 and Day 18 of A to Z Challenge. I am doing Foreign word/phrase a day and 8 line poem for it.
Word/Phrase: reductio ad absurdum
Meaning: a method of disproving a premise by showing that its logical conclusion is absurd (example: the earth cannot be flat; otherwise, we would find people falling off the edge)
it’s an inspiring world.
memes for topper,
trolls for hard work,
mocks from hater,
chatters from jealous,
ridicules from unfit.
now, haters will call this,
reduction ad absurdum.
The poem presents the irony of modern society. To thrive, one needs to be focused towards goal and keep the unwanted away.
I have been challenged by fictionwriterwithablog for the Love/Hate List. For this challenge, I have to list ten things that I love and then ten things that I hate. Then, nominate 10 bloggers to do the same. I want to thank for nominating me to this challenge.
Ten Things I Love
- My home and surrounding garden – May be the first in everyone’s list. Dad has maintained a really neat garden and i love spending time there.
- My Pets – the cats and dogs
- My mini library – have a collection of huge number of books
- My blog and bloggers – Its a motivation and inspiration
- Rain, ice cream and a walk with loved ones
- Diary – which carries bundle of my memories
- Spending time with my friends and social networking sites
- Coding – i see my new life and never ending interest there
- Exploring new places and making new friends
- Writing my thoughts
Ten Things I Hate
- Listing 10 things i hate
- To know there are still 9 more to list
- Hating with no reason
- Looking at negative side when positive can do it
- People who always bring up hate
- Things which make no good
- That which you cant love
- Forcing oneself with no interest
- Thinking and spending ample of time on something which i cant
Here are the fellow bloggers i nominate:
Any one interested in doing the challenge, please do nominate thyself. 🙂